Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Pilot Practicum


A big thanks to our students Akira, Caitlin, Maria and Sarah! Practicums can be hard at the best of times but doing it online, following a brief, must have been extremely tricky. However, the biggest test of all, when designing activities, is the activation with the chosen audience. On Tuesday, the last week of term, Room 8 Delta's had the pleasure of testing out a Site and activities made specifically for them with the actual designers!

I think when you hear comments like, "I don't want to go to lunch, I want to keep playing this game" and "When I heard the students were coming in I was scared as I didn't think I would understand but when I asked them to break it down they did and now I understand and it's easy and fun!"
The other students in class were a bit miffed they weren't able to participate in the fun and learning... THAT is truely the sign of a successful lesson! Not to worry they will get a chance next term!
Well done, Akira, Caitlin, Maria and Sarah!

When you have other teachers in your classroom it's a wonderful opportunity to learn and see a different perspective. Teaching is a collaborative profession and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to support, share and benefit from this great opportunity!
Many thanks to Akira, Caitlin, Maria and Sarah!

Hoping you can all visit Rm 8 again!

No comments:

Post a Comment